- This event has passed.
Member Benefit & Event
LEARN & GROW Series: 2019 Session III
Fear No More! – Public Speaking WorkshopOn June 9, 2019, the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) Detroit Chapter will hold Session III of Learn & Grow Series at the Michigan School of Psychology in Farmington Hills. You Asked for It – WE LISTENED AND HERE IT IS! In this public speaking workshop, participants can “learn by doing” in a speaking exercise. A panel of accomplished professionals will share their knowledge and provide constructive feedback to participants. This is an opportunity to develop public speaking skills in a friendly and supportive environment. So, muster up your courage and register to attend and SPEAK as a Contestant! You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity – and the PRIZES! Much like the TV programs ‘The VOICE’ and ‘Dancing with the Stars’, a panel of experienced leaders will serve as “Judges”, providing constructive feedback and encouragement. They are:
- Dr. Frances Brown – President, Michigan School of Psychology
- David Chang – Chief of Technology Strategy and Platforms, Comerica Bank
- Dr. Jamie Hsu – MAPAAC Chairman and LTU Professor
- Suk Koh – Chairman & CEO, Chrysan Industries
- Developing one’s voice and taking ownership of your narrative;
- Effectively collaborating as unified APA community for greater visibility and impact in areas of shared interest;
- Sharing entrepreneurial and/or leadership stories and mentoring;
- Discovering one’s passion, and developing skills to pursue them to fruition;
- Communication and interpersonal skills for navigating effectively across cultures, especially in situations involving conflict – at work and at home.
- MAPAAC for co-underwriting the Learn & Grow Series in 2019
- Comerica Bank for co-sponsoring this Learn & Grow program
- Michigan School of Psychology for graciously serving as venue host.
1:30 pm – 4 pm Program As seats are limited, register by June 6, 2019 You asked for it, here’s YOUR chance to practice Public Speaking! We are looking for people who want to demonstrate or practice your public speaking skills and get your messages heard. On top of that, there are PRIZES! Contact email@example.com by May 28th to reserve your speaking spot — You won’t want to miss this golden opportunity! Please join us on June 9 for our third session of the L&G series – “Fear No More! – Public Speaking Workshop”. Press Release
Our four illustrious judges, Dr. Jamie Hsu of MAPAAC and LTU, Suk Koh of Chrysan Industries, David Chang of Comerica Bank, Dr. Frances Brown of Michigan School of Psychology, deliberated carefully awarded the following speakers/contestants:
- Wenbo Qiao
- Sook Wilkinson
- Monish Jerge
- Jon Fink
- Angelina Lai
- Jacob Cheriyan
Congratulations go to our winners and all of our participants, and heartfelt thanks go to our judges and sponsors who made this Public Speaking Workshop great fun and a great learning experience!
On June 9, 2019, the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) Detroit Chapter held Session III of Learn & Grow Series at the Michigan School of Psychology in Farmington Hills. In this Public Speaking Workshop, six brave participants learned by doing in a practice speaking exercise – Congratulations to our speakers Wenbo Qiao, Sook Wilkinson, Monish Jerge, Jon Fink, Angelina Lai, and Jacob Cheriyan…Press Release
- Sunday, June 9, 2019
- 1:30 pm – 4 pm Program
- Michigan School of Psychology
- 26811 Orchard Lake Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- General Admission: $25
- NAAAP Members Admission: Free
- MSP Students & Faculty Admission: Free
- Join Lifetime Membership: $50
- Register by June 6, 2019
For further information:
Join now and get membership benefit!
Visit Membership –>
REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED