- This event has passed.
Member Benefit & Event
NAAAP Detroit Learn & Grow Session “Building Our Personal Brand” Will Help Prime You to Reach Your GoalsSupercharge your personal brand in a dynamic Learn & Grow workshop at the Bloomfield Township Library, 1099 Lone Pine Road, at 10 a.m. March 24. The workshop, which will include lunch, will be led by Dr. Jamie Hsu. The series is presented by the National Association of Asian American Professional’s Detroit chapter, www.naaapdetroit.org.
Hsu is adjunct professor of management at the Lawrence Technological University, where he specializes in strategic management, leadership development, technology management, innovation, and global collaboration. He also writes and speaks about branding issues. A founder and strategic advisor to NAAAP Detroit, Hsu has been senior advisor to the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs, chair of Michigan’s Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission and a board member of the Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce.
Prior to his current role, Hsu served as executive director of GM Global Technology Management in the R&D Center at the Advanced Manufacturing Center.
His workshop will feature small-group work and will address questions including what a personal brand is, how it affects your professional and personal life and how you can describe yourself in a way that sets you ahead of the pack.
Saturday, March 24, 2018
10:00 pm – 12:30 pm Program & Lunch
The workshop and lunch are free as a benefit to NAAAP-Detroit members. Non-members may register for $15. Please join us on March 24 for the session of L&G series – “Building Our Personal Brand”.
Explore below preview questions for NAAAP members and guests:
- What is personal branding?
- How does personal branding play a role in your professional and personal life?
- How would you describe yourself and distinguish you from others?
- How would your friends, colleagues, and boss describe you? What are the 5 most common adjectives they used to praise you? (or the 5 negative adjectives they may use?)
- What are most important character requirements for your current job?
- Are the answers from the above questions the same or different?
- Which one would you rather be? And how do you plan to develop and establish your aspired personal brand?
Dr. Jamie Hsu is currently Adjunct Professor of Management at the Lawrence Technological Univ, specializing in strategic management, leadership development, technology management, innovation, and global collaboration. Prior to his current role, he served as Executive Directors of GM Global Technology Management, R&D Centers, and Advanced Manufacturing Center… Read more
“Building Our Personal Brand,” a workshop designed to help professionals positioning and building meaningful personal brands to enhance career and personal development, was held on March 24th at the Bloomfield Township Library. The workshop is part of the signature Learn & Grow series organized by the Detroit chapter of the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP)…Press Release Gallery Video
- Saturday, March 24, 2018
- 10:00am-10:30am Registration
- 10:30am-12:30pm Program & Lunch
- Bloomfield Township Library
- 1099 Lone Pine Road, Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
- Member Admission: Free
- Non-member Admission: $15
- Join Lifetime Membership: $50
For further information:
Email: [email protected]
Join now and get membership benefit!
Visit Membership –>
LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED