May 16, 2019
Learn & Grow Session III: Fear No More! – Public Speaking Workshop
DETROIT, MI – On June 9, 2019, the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) Detroit Chapter will hold Session III of Learn & Grow Series at the Michigan School of Psychology in Farmington Hills. You Asked for It – WE LISTENED AND HERE IT IS! In this public speaking workshop, participants can “learn by doing” in a speaking exercise. A panel of accomplished professionals will share their knowledge and provide constructive feedback to participants. This is an opportunity to develop public speaking skills in a friendly and supportive environment. So, muster up your courage and register to attend and SPEAK as a Contestant! You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity – and the PRIZES!
Much like the TV programs ‘The VOICE’ and ‘Dancing with the Stars’, a panel of experienced leaders will serve as “Judges”, providing constructive feedback and encouragement. They are:
- Dr. Frances Brown: President, Michigan School of Psychology
- David Chang: Chief of Technology Strategy and Platforms, Comerica Bank
- Dr. Jamie Hsu: MAPAAC Chairman and LTU Professor
- Suk Koh: Chairman & CEO, Chrysan Industries
Registered Speakers/Contestants will each speak for 3-5 minutes on a suggested trending topic of interest (listed below). Our recently completed Learn & Grow Session II – Brainstorming Workshop on Trending Topics, generated a rich range of topics that are important to both the APA community as well as professionals in general. These topics included:
- Developing one’s voice and taking ownership of your narrative;
- Effectively collaborating as unified APA community for greater visibility and impact in areas of shared interest;
- Sharing entrepreneurial and/or leadership stories and mentoring;
- Discovering one’s passion, and developing skills to pursue them to fruition;
- Communication and interpersonal skills for navigating effectively across cultures, especially in situations involving conflict (at work and at home).
If you’d like to Speak or you have a special topic that is important to you, please contact David Han at [email protected] or Ann Hong at [email protected].
NAAAP Detroit would like to give a special thanks to our generous sponsors and collaborators for making this event possible:
- MAPAAC for co-underwriting the Learn & Grow Series in 2019
- Comerica Bank for co-sponsoring this Learn & Grow program
- Michigan School of Psychology for graciously serving as venue host
NAAAP Detroit’s events provide excellent opportunity to hone professional and leadership skills, as well as meet professionals and employers in the Greater Detroit area. Through our umbrella of national organizations, NAAAP.org, our members connect with the broader Asian American professional network throughout North American via national leadership gatherings and interaction with the 33 Chapters.
NAAAP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and leading organization in North America that cultivates and empowers Asian American leaders through professional development, community service, and networking. NAAAP has a long tradition in the US and Canada, and NAAAP Detroit Inc. founded in 2016, a 501)c)3 non-profit, is led and supported by dynamic and committed volunteers with diverse professional backgrounds. NAAAP Detroit Chapter encourages members and friends to join to provide and experience leadership and professional development programs and service experiences to grow personally and to contribute to the growth of others in NAAAP and where they work and live. Go to www.naaap.org and www.naaapdetroit.org for more information.
Write a comment: